The highly anticipated coffee festival of the summer, ‘Out Of The Box’, is returning this year with one difference – it’s all going to be online!
Streaming on Instagram Live between the 27th to the 31st July, ‘Out Of The Box: Online’ will be an interactive experience which will house over 20 roasters, two live music performances, three masterclasses, five panel discussions and a series of sponsors, who will come together to celebrate the coffee and hospitality sector.
With the same spirit and energy of the physical event, ‘Out Of The Box: Online’ will see the La Marzocco UK Team speak to five specialty roasters every day, covering a range of subjects and activities including mini sensory sessions, live roastery tours and more, from much loved roaster partners across the UK and Ireland.
A series of coffee-related masterclasses will take place throughout the online festival, all with insider industry tricks to help expand coffee, cocktail and cookery skills and inspire all to get creative with coffee in the kitchen! There will also be live musical performances from the likes of Oh Wonder and Talu, two rising British bands who are versed and loved within the coffee industry.
For those wishing to expand their knowledge of the speciality coffee industry, a series of exclusive panel discussions will focus on a range of topics within the coffee industry and beyond, including ‘The Future of Events’ and ‘Sourcing, Supporting and Nurturing Talent’.
Dan Harvey, La Marzocco UK and Ireland’s Marketing Manager, says “We’re delighted to be able to bring back ‘Out of the Box’ during an unusual time for the hospitality sector.”
“The festival allows us to create a platform which makes the coffee community accessible to everyone and encourage those who may never have experienced the vast world of coffee to give it a go. By bringing the festival online this year, we hope to expand our audience and encourage more to visit and support their local coffee businesses.”
A full agenda will begin to be released on the week of the 20th July to allow followers to dip in and out of the event and watch the sessions which interest them. These sessions will take place between 9:30 – 17:00.
- Monday – ‘The Future of Events’ with @londoncoffeefestival, @glasgowcoffeefestival, @cupnorth and @chpbristol
- Tuesday – ‘The Impact of Covid-19 on Coffee Supply Chains’ with @falconcoffees and @falconspecialty
- Wednesday – ‘Necessity Breeds Opportunity’ with @essentialjournal, @tommybanks and @rosslyncoffee
- Thursday – ‘Cycling x Coffee Culture’ with @caro_gehrig, @anitagehrig, @nvayrkand @phindes
- Friday – ‘Sourcing, Supporting and Nurturing Talent’ with @wellgroundedhq
- Monday – Home Barista Masterclass with La Marzocco Home
- Tuesday – Live Music Set from @talu_music
- Wednesday – Coffee Cocktail Masterclass with @greygooseand @grind
- Thursday – Vegan Coffee Mousse Cooking Demo with @datesandavocados
- Friday – Live Music Set from with @ohwondermusic
List of Roasters involved:
- Butterworth & Sons
- Caravan Coffee Roasters
- Cast Iron Coffee Roasters
- Climpsons & Sons
- Coal Town Coffee Roasters
- Common Coffee
- Curve Coffee Roasters
- Dark Arts Coffee
- Extract Coffee Roasters
- Full Circle Coffee Roasters
- Grumpy Mule
- Hundred House Coffee
- Neighbourhood Coffee
- North Star Coffee Roasters
- Origin Coffee Roasters
- Quarter Horse Coffee
- The Gentlemen Baristas
- The Roasting Party
- Union Coffee
- Volcano Coffee Works
- White Star Coffee
- Badger & Dodo Coffee Roasters
- Silverskin Coffee Roasters
- Java Republic